Friday, February 14, 2014

The Jon Batiste Adventures Continue!

So I didn't think anything nearly as amazing as the Jon Batiste clinic last week. I was terribly wrong. Quite possibly the only thing that comes close to jamming with Jon Batiste and Stay Human is watching them in concert. It was easily the coolest concert I have ever been to! Not only did we get to move up to row E from row T, but no matter where you were it felt like the band was right there! In fact, at one point in the show, the percussionist was playing tambourine while standing on top of the chair directly in front of me in the Eccles Center. If I wanted to I could literally have reached out and touched him!

Picture from here
And then we had a love riot. It was great.


What's that? You don't know what a love riot is? Well let me tell you. In the words of Jon Batiste (or at least how I remember them) a love riot is a huge group of people that basically has a riot but with all positive energy. And trust me, there was a lot of energy. And a lot of awesome music. And not really a lot of people. That was pretty nice though because if there had been a lot of people I probably wouldn't have gotten about a foot away from the band. So if you learned nothing from this blog post (which you probably havent. I didn't.) then just learn that no matter what, never miss out on a chance to see Jon Batiste and Stay Human in concert! It was one of the two best experiences that I've had in the past month involving melodicas.

What's that? You don't know what a melodica is either? Wow you're uneducated. No offense but you seriously have issues. Like you haven't even lived yet. But if you must know then I'll tell you. Basically what a melodica is is what happens when you combine together a piano, a harmonica, and a Dr Seuss book. 

Picture from here

It's basically amazing. Heres a video of an old guy with a swagalicious hat playing pink panther on his melodica.

This is my new favorite person.

No comments:

Post a Comment