Friday, April 4, 2014

Social Security Fraud and Men in Dresses

Three Words. Cash. On Delivery. Possibly the funniest play I’ve seen in my life. Never mind, THE funniest play I’ve seen in my life. I really haven’t seen many plays though. But anyway, our high school did a production of Cash on Delivery this week and it was fantastic. I wasn’t in it of course, but it was absolutely hilarious! I can’t come up with a very good way to explain the show other than using the exact words of the directer-

Welcome to tonight's production of cash on delivery! This show is a British farce-- and a funny one at that. Since it is a farce, there are some rules in place. All farces must have slamming doors, mistaken identities, several misunderstandings, and (since this is a British farce) a guy in a dress. 


Now isn’t that intriguing? And that’s not even all! There’s also a killer washing machine, someone gets struck by lightning, and the whole thing’s about Social Security fraud! This show easily gets a ninety nine hippopotamus shaped gelatin molds out of one hundred from me! And in case you’re wondering, the one I took off was because the sound system overheated and the “phone” didn’t ring when it was supposed to. Congratulations to everyone involved in this show! It was splendiferous!

No comments:

Post a Comment